Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Almost to St. Louis...


Well, My time here at the MTC is almost over and it sure has been crazy. My district is very diverse lol but we all get along great. I am more of the comedic relief for the group but Elder Christensen (my companion) and I are incredible teachers and we seem to be the example to the group. That is so cool that you watched a documentary about the MTC i hope it was great! This place is like a whole different world it is kind of  freaky. When we get to go to the temple and see like real people driving and stuff it is so weird!

My Companion and I have been teaching a few people. Fernando, Kevin, and Alexandre Paul. Fernando is a brazilian boy whose girlfriend is a member and we just committed him to baptism after teaching him a few times! That is really exciting. Kevin is 55 years old and lives alone, but we also have commited him to baptism. Alexandre Paul is the best though, He is the Haitian Diplomat to the Bahamas and our first lesson with him was kinda terrible haha. It started really good but ended up in a huge disagreement abdout the whole Jesus and Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost are One God But Seperate Beigns. hahah It s Confusing I know!!! However we found out he is just looking for happiness. We taught him the plan of Salvation and now he loves us. He is the most incredible person ever and so fun to just talk to. Just last night we taught him and in the middle of our lesson he stopped us and said "I will join you" It was very very shocking.I had never heard of anyone asking to be baptized.The holy Ghost was crazy in there. This place is incredible!!!! lol

Now, these stories sound super cool i know but the truth is, these are all members of the church who are being pretend investigators for us here at the MTC. That way we have the opportunity to actually practice teaching real people before we go into the field. It really seems real though. However, their eternal salvation is not on the line.

I leave for St. Louis in just a few days, I hope that you are as excited as I am:) I leave on Tuesday at about 6 a.m. Idk how much money is on that Bank of America Card, but if there is at least 100 bucks then it will be perfect! :) thank you for that!

Now i have to tell you about my district! I love these guys.

Elder Christensen - My companion, killer basketball player, pretty much the same as me in lots of ways, we have a blast

Elder Jones - He is going to Houston Texas South Mission, and he is a really cool guy, one day when we are old i am going to go fishing with him every day and we want to hike Mt. Kilamanjaro

Elder Wilson - For the first week i didn’t even know he could talk. He is a little guy but can dunk a basketball. He is going to Houston also and is one of the funniest kids i have ever met

Elder Gorman - He is going to St. Louis with me. He wants to be a music composer and is ridiculous at the piano. Look him up on ITunes. His name is Aaron Gorman and he has some Piano music on there that is really good. Try Poseidon's Lullaby.

Elder Esplin -  He has super red hair but plays guitar and has a super cool singing voice, He is a bigger kid but is very awesome but quiet, Him and Elder Gorman follow every rule exactly. That is very admirable.

Elder Hanna - The smartest guy i have ever met. He is pretty sure that he has figured out Faster Than Light Space Travel and all sorts of other stuff. It is pretty crazy I Think dad would enjoy talking to him because they remind me alot of each other as far as smartness haha. He is the coolest. We call him Gus Gus because he reminds us of the Gus Gus mouse from Cinderella just really smart and excited about the gospel.

Elder Jensen _ I really respect this guy. He dropped out of high school in order to go on a mission. He knew he couldn’t go unless he dropped out and started working. He still is smart and one of the coolest guys ever. He has some crazy determination.

Elder Gibbs - Elder Gibbs is big and tall, He is our district leader, He is from South Carolina and he pretty much is hilarious. He is a great leader.

Elder Lance - Elder Lance is Elder Gibbs companion and they don’t get along so well. Elder Lance has read a whole library, he turns 21 soon but we are proud of him for being here. He has one incredible testimony.

I want you guys to know that I Love you guys! And I Hope you aren’t worrying to much about me. This mission is great already I can’t wait to see what lies ahead. I will come back very different though i know. I have already changed so much. It is impossible not to. As we grow closer to Christ our wants and our needs change. I want the Holy Ghost with me always. I think that is where i am in my life right now. This gospel is true! I love you! Thanks so much for supporting me :)

Love,

Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment